Acknowledging its role as a member of a larger health system, the Center also provides services to its parent organization -- the Charleston Area Medical Center Health System Inc.
- Medical Staff Development
- Performance Improvement
- Care Management
- Satisfaction Studies
MEDICAL STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Mentoring medical, nursing and pharmacy students and medical and pharmacy residents interested in health care research.
- Conducting lectures in the areas of research development
- Direct and support medical staff surveys/medical student surveys.
- Participating in standing committees: Performance Improvement Council (PIC), Quality Improvement Council (QIC), Ethics Forum, Project Management Team, Women and Children’s QIC, Neuro-Ortho-Trauma QIC, Medicine QIC, Cardiovascular QIC
- Supporting clinical improvement activities within the areas of Medication Safety, Pneumonia, Stroke, Vascular Access, Acute Myocardial Infarction, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Registration Team, Pediatric Pain Management, Pediatric Medication Safety, Cesarean Section, Learning Workshops for Teams
- Our staff participates in large single-center and multi-site national studies (NRMI, CRUSADE). They are responsible for supervising the flow of data through data collection, data entry and data coding processes, as well as data integrity, electronic and paper file maintenance and reporting of results.
- Emergency Department
- Behavioral Health
- Issue Resolution
- Family Resource Center
- Cancer Center